General Purpose Training:
Participants understand about how to produce tempe by applying the concept of Good Hyginic Practices, or How the Hygienic Production (CPH) and have the skills to make a variety of processed soybean products and designing nutritional value labels on the product.
1. Sundries about tempe Specific Instructional
Objectives: Participants understand about general matters relating to the tempe, history, origin, types of tempe and tempe globalization. Sub Topic:
- History of tempe
- Technology development tempe
- Globalization tempe (explaining how tempe is known in the world and recognized as authentic Indonesian food, including streamlining the issue of patents developed
- Statistics on the consumption and production of tempe and soybean
2. The process of making tempe
Special Intruksional Objectives: Participants understand the process of making tempe and process variations and their advantages and disadvantages of each variation of the process. Sub Topic:
- Selection of raw materials Starter (yeast)
- Preparation of space and production equipment
- Variety-making process (Method Pekalongan, Malang, Bogor)
3. Introduction of CPH (hygienic practices in production) and its application in the process of making tempe.
Special Intruksional Objectives: Participants understand the concept of CPH in the food processing industry and are able to apply CPH in the process of making tempe. Sub Topic:
- Definition of CPH
- Scope of GHP: equipment, space and food handlers
- The critical aspects in the process of making tempe that need attention
- Implementation of CPH in the production process
- Implementation of CPH in processing
- Implementation of CPH in space and production equipment
- Benefits from the application of CPH in the process of tempe production
4. Diversification of products to enhance the economic value of tempe.
Special Intruksional Objectives: Participants can create a variety of tempe pruduk generation 1 and 2 to increase the economic value Sub Topic:
- Characteristics of Tempe
- Dry Processed Products (enting-enting, chips, flour tempe)
- Wet processed products (burgers, tempe sausage, ice cream, tempe)
5. Nutritional value of tempe, packaging and labeling.
Special Intruksional Objectives: Participants learn the value of nutritional and health benefits of tempe, can determine the type of packaging in accordance with the product and may include nutritional value on packaging labels. Sub Topic:
- Composition of the nutritional value and superiority of tempe
- Benefits of tempe for health
- The function of packaging and how elections
- Calculating the value of nutrition and nutritional value of the inclusion of information on packaging labels